MIPS Eligible Clinicians Can Submit Their 2022 Data through March 31
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has opened the data submission period for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians who participated in the 2022 performance year of the Quality Payment Program (QPP). Data can be submitted and updated until 8:00 p.m. ET on March 31, 2023.
How to Submit Your 2022 MIPS Data:
- If you are an Intellicure user, email Customer Care that you are interested in having Intellicure handle this for you the easy way.
- You can follow these (complicated and difficult) steps on your own with help from some other third party vendor:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program sign in page.
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials (see below for directions).
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2022 performance year or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party. (You can’t correct errors with your data after the submission period, so it’s important to make sure the data submitted on your behalf is accurate.)
How to Sign In to the QPP Data Submission System
To sign in and submit data, clinicians will need to register in the Healthcare Quality Information System (HCQIS) Access Roles and Profile (HARP) system. For clinicians who need help enrolling with HARP, please refer to the QPP Access User Guide (ZIP).
Note: Clinicians who are unsure about their eligibility to participate in MIPS for the 2022 performance year can check their final eligibility status using the QPP Participation Status Tool. Clinicians and groups that are opt-in eligible will need to make an election to opt-in or voluntarily report before they can submit data. (No election is required for those who don’t want to participate in MIPS.)
For More Information
To learn more about how to submit data, please review the following resources available on the QPP Resource Library: